Saturday, March 19, 2005

Because Tsunami Books sounds stupid...

There are quite a few used book stores in Albuquerque. There are even quite a few good used book stores in Albuquerque. One of my favorites is Title Wave Books. Snide comments from geologists who point out that "tidal wave" is a misnomer aside, it's a great little store, which until recently has been on Menaul a little east of Pennsylvania. Apparently, it's going to be moving to a new location to Eubank and Constitution. I hope its still a nice place once they get settled in. Although there are other comparable stores around town, I've always liked the atmosphere at Title Wave, so I thought I'd mention it before it moves.

Over the years I've spent quite a few hours browsing there, and somehow never fail to leave without more books than I can afford, or have time to read, for that matter. In fact, I purchased the copy of The Innocents Abroad that I'm reading now there. They have a webpage you can check out, but the search doesn't seem to do justice to what they have, which is almost anything you could want. They even have card you get stamped once for every five dollars you spend. When you collect one hundred dollars worth of stamps you get a ten dollar discount on your next purchase. I've filled three, I think, so far. I actually have one that's full, so I'll probably go in and check on it once they're done moving. With any luck it will still be a place of great variety and good atmosphere, free of a coffee shop, and unconcerned about e-mailing me coupons I don't really want. If not, well, it couldn't last forever.

Currently Listening to: Frank Zappa - The Yellow Shark
Currently Rading: Mark Twain - The Innocents Abroad (they're into the Holy Land now)
Last Netflix Movie: The Missing (a truly awful movie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home