Monday, February 28, 2005

So it's been a week...

I know I had a schedule established, but I warned you very early on that my focus has a tendency to shift rather rapidly. Actually, this wasn't really my fault.

I've spent the last week puzzling over a book called "A Treasure's Trove". It's a fairy tale, which contains clues to find some actual hidden treasures. Someone at work asked me to look through it to see what I could find and a week later...here we are. If there's one thing that really bothers me it an unsolved puzzle. It drives me to distraction. This is exactly what I have on my hands with this book, and after a week, I'm pretty sure that's not going to change. I've got some ideas, of course, but no time to try them all out. I'm behind in everything already. So I've decided to let the treasure hunt rest for a while so I can I get back on track. Who knows, maybe with some time to let it simmer in the back of my mind I'll come up with something. To be honest, I don't even care about the treasure anymore. I just want to know the solution.

This isn't the first time I've had problems like this. Twin Peaks drove me crazy too. How can you end a series on a cliffhanger? It's inhuman. I had to give up reading books called "Mysteries of the Unexplained" altogether. The JFK assassination (no conspiracy, I'm sure of that), the Bermuda Triangle (there's not even a mystery here), the Moon landing hoax (Clearly not a hoax)...I've done them all. I'm simultaneously driven to these things and irritated by them. I must be ill. Anyway, I intend to return to my normal blogging schedule tomorrow, which will be music day. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I'll find something.

Currently listening to: Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Currently reading: Isaac Asimov - I, Robot
Last Netflix movie: Dawn of the Dead (Original)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home