Monday, February 14, 2005

A bid for structure...

I was sitting around trying to figure out what I should write about today and not having much luck. There's nothing really on my mind today, and that will probably occur from time to time, so I've decided to lay out a structure here that will give me a little direction when thinking up stuff to write.

  • Sunday: The day of ranting. The mantra from most bloggers would likely be, "I rant therefore I blog." I'd rather not drown in ranting, so I'll hold it to once a week. Consider yesterday's post on Albuquerque to be the first in a Sunday morning string of unsolicited opinion.
  • Monday: I'm keeping monday free. I would like to think that I'd have something once a week to put here, and I'd rather not over plan this too much. A little structure will give me some direction. A little freedom may keep it from becoming a chore.
  • Tuesday: This is music day at One-of-the-lost. Music has been one of my most enduring interests, so every Tuesday I'll be posting a review or commentary on an album, or show, or something related to the world of music.
  • Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: My weekend. A chance to take a break from work and blog related activities.
  • Saturday: Ah...Albuquerque. As I said yesterday Albuquerque used to be a nice town before the Californians came. Every weekend I'll figure out something I still like about it, and put it here. Hopefully, someone else might check it out, before it disappears.

Of course, none of this is set in stone or anything like that, but it will hopefully provide me with enough ideas to keep writer's block away. So tomorrow is my first music day. I'm starting with Television's Marquee Moon. Consider this just another lost day, but one that will hopefully set things on a new path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home